Monday, September 24, 2012

Vallejo Paints & Citadel, PP, Reaper equivalents


I really like Vallejo paints.  Everything I've come across is quality.  Their primers are some of the best products on the market.  That said, there are a LOT of colors available and there is some overlap between their paint lines.  Admittedly, I'm a bit of a completest, tending toward OCD.  That means I want all of the colors.  All of them.  To that end, I put together a list of the Vallejo paints along with some of their equivalents.   

I started with this fantastic table that is intended to be a cross-reference for Citadel paints and expanded it to include the three lines of Vallejo paints.  I added the paints along with swatches of their color.  This shows the overlap between the different lines - Game Color, Model Color, and Model Air.  

Model Color includes most of the original 72 Game Color line but does not include the newest 15-20 that have been added.  Relatively, there isn't much overlap between the Model Air line and the other two.  With all that said, here's a link to the spreadsheet.  Since you can't normally sort a Google spreadsheet without having edit capability, I created three tabs, each sorted on a different paint line. 



Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment